Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Anna Karenina: An Update


I'm going to be honest with you. I'm having the hardest time with this book.
I thought it wouldn't be too bad listening to it on audiobook, and most of the time it isn't
but I'm in part three. Part three of six, the middle of the book.
It's clear that Tolstoy is using this section as a set up for Levin and Anna and Vronsky, but it just gets going. A part of me really enjoys the social commentary, the provoking philosophy, and the descriptions of things. The other part of me is just so bored! Even when things are happening they take so long and everyones thoughts are drug out for ages. 
The group I'm reading this with is at least two sections ahead/ almost done and I need to just deal and get it over with, but it's on the bottom on my listen list.
Thanks for letting me rant about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment